CNC Fabrication Instructor
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Youth, grades 6-12, and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a CNC Fabrication Instructor to join our Team starting in January 2022.
The ideal candidate:
- has teaching proficiency with 2D CAD and 3D modeling software for CNC Machining/3D Printing output
- has teaching proficiency with 2-axis, 2.5axis, and 3-axis CAM/Slicer software for CNC Routers, CNC Plasma Cutters, and 3D Printers
- has experience operating CNC Routers, CNC Plasma Cutters, and 3D Printers
- feels confident with safety measures associated with CNC Fabrication practice
- has interest and experience in guiding Youth and Adults with functional, decorative, and sculptural CNC’d objects
- has the flexibility to teach select weekday daytime, weekday evenings, and weekends
- is a great communicator
- is responsible and professional
- has Metal Fabrication and Woodworking experience as it related to material prep, assembly, and finishing of CNC’d objects
- has knowledge of CNC for pattern making and mold making for the cast object
- has experience with CNC mills and their operation
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent CNC Fabricated work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.