Audience Services Associate
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Audience Services. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Audience Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Audience Service Director & Audience Services Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Audience Services
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Flexible Part Time; generally, 15-30 hours per week hours are dependent on events/box office hours. Weekends and evenings are required. Position is year round and with paid training. Ideal for music and performing arts lovers and anyone looking for a way to be a part of one of the fastest growing theatres in the Chicago area.
COMPENSATION – Hourly position
HIRE DATE – Late June 2021
POSITION SUMMARY – The ideal candidate must be friendly and upbeat and love working in a fun, continuously changing and fast-paced environment. The Audience Services Associate is responsible for selling tickets over the phone and in person at the box office. Additionally, the Audience Services Associate provides exemplary customer service to all patrons between Paramount Theatre, RiverEdge Park, and Copley Theatre. Our staff is cross-trained to handle both incoming and outgoing sales calls and various other duties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Field inbound calls with ticketing or subscription inquiries and be able to respond to customer needs promptly and professionally
- Ensure the best possible experience for the patron
- Become familiar with the most up-to-date show information and be able to communicate that to patrons
- Handle cash and reporting
- Perform outbound sales calls as assigned
- Coordinate duties as assigned by the Audience Services Management Staff to ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
- Experience in a box office or busy sales environment
- Experience with or willingness to quickly and adeptly learn a computerized ticketing system
- Ability to demonstrate unfailing commitment to customer service and respond promptly to customer needs while upholding the organization’s values
- Reliable and personable with a collaborative spirit; must be open to taking on new tasks and challenges and able to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work outdoors during RiverEdge Park season and possibly in inclement weather
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Kevin Berls), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.