Artist Training Coordinator
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC), we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is home to the premier contemporary dance company in the United States, the largest dance facility in Chicago, and serves the community through youth, education and community engagement programs, and adaptive dance programs that serve thousands of children across the Chicago area.
HSDC is seeking an independent, detailed-oriented, and mission-driven professional to serve as general administrative support for the Department of Artist Training. Reporting to the Administrative Manager of Artist Training, this position is responsible for providing ongoing support for the needs of our growing department. This department (currently Director, Financial Manager, Administrative Manager) is responsible for the coordination and management of all pre-professional and professional training programs. Such programming includes: Hubbard Street’s Professional Program; Winter and Spring Professional Workshops; Intermediate/Advanced, Advanced and Pre-Professional Level Summer Intensives. This entry-level position is ideal for an individual seeking to build a career in nonprofit administration.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field general program inquiries, handle email correspondence with registered dancers, parents, and assist with incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Compile mailing lists and data reports as requested
- Collect, organize, and track dancer paperwork
- Design organizational templates, including housing and classroom lists, schedules, contact lists, program packets and preparatory materials for artist programs
- Print and organize materials for dancers and teaching artists
- Track dancer attendance for Professional Program
- Update program schedules and corresponding communication as requested
- Facilitate dancer check-in and orientation during program start dates in collaboration with the Financial and Administrative Managers
- Other duties as deemed appropriate
- Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion
- This position involves complex scheduling; Administrative experience in a dynamic environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideal candidate thinks systematically, is able to multitask, adapt quickly and thrives in a collaborative environment
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (.pdfs only). Please include ARTIST TRAINING COORDINATOR in the subject line of your email. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization.