The National Museum of Mexican Art is looking to fill a part-time Art Instructor position for the 2018-2019 school year. The Art Instructor reports and is accountable directly to the Director of Education. The Art Instructor is also accountable to the Teacher & Student Program Coordinator. The Art Instructor is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating on-site & off-site Museum educational programming for teachers, students, parents, families based on the Museum’s exhibitions and art collection. The Art Instructor will manage different off-site classes to efficiently develop and implement arts-integrated curricular. The Art Instructor will also assist with other educational programming and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Develop, implement and promote various educational and exhibition-related art programs for students, teachers, children and families, and the general public
- Implement off-site classes with Museum resources and curricular educational resources
- Integrate the Illinois learning standards and goals into arts and hands-on activities
- Instruct and facilitate off-site classes programs
- Assist with other educational programs and partnerships
- Related duties as assigned by the Director of Education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills required for the effective delivery of the Museum’s vision, mission, and brand. Capacity to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrates the capability and willingness to take the initiative and to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs, including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, organize, and execute multiple initiatives simultaneously and independently.
- Willingness and ability to work outside standard business hours are required.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Bilingual fluency (English / Spanish)
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of Mexican culture
- Passion for learning and professional growth
- Access to a vehicle for transportation to off-site programming
- Part-time position (25 hours per week)
- Educational background in fine arts, art education, art history, museum studies, or education in general
- Experience with writing and preparing arts-integrated and interdisciplinary curriculum, and teaching in a class structured format
- Minimum 1-2-year experience in museum education, classroom teaching, or related field
Email your cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references by October 25, 2019 to Antonio Pazaran: email@example.com
No phone inquiries please. Do not send videos, portfolios or other materials.
Finalists may be asked to submit additional materials at a later time and to teach a sample class. Be aware that every item listed on a resume is subject to verification, and that any offer of employment is contingent on a successful background check.