Administrative and Research Assistant
About MIR Appraisal Services
MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. has been appraising fine art and personal property since 1994. We are a small, professional appraisal company with a main office in Chicago, IL and a second location in Burr Ridge, IL. Our clients include religious organizations, insurance agencies, law firms, educational institutions, government organizations, libraries, public parks, and museums & historical societies, as well as the general public.
MIR Appraisal Services Inc. is seeking full-time Administrative and Research Assistants who will provide general administrative support and appraisal research assistance to MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. operations. The candidates should have a background and/or interest in art and antiques, possess a positive attitude, and be driven to make a difference. Our small office environment fosters an immersive professional experience where candidates will have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of the appraisal and advisory process and learn something new every day.
The primary Administrative responsibilities include:
- General office assistance for Chicago location
- Respond to general client inquiries via phone and email and process new clients
- Schedule appraisal appointments
- Assist in proofreading and editing appraisal reports
- Direct the company’s blog posts, website content, social media outlets, and monthly newsletter on the art market, artists, and appraisal-related topics
The primary Research & Appraisal responsibilities include:
- Assist in writing and editing appraisal reports
- Assist in valuation and historical research on appraisal items to a high degree of accuracy
- Assist Senior Appraiser at on-site inspections as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, marketing, business or related field
- Cumulative 3 or more years of proven experience in office management or art-related field
- Quick learner, motivated to see results, and dependable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with clients professionally and confidently
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and organizational skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, photo editing applications, and social media, familiarity with web development a plus
Benefits: Healthcare and paid vacations are available for full-time employees. Compensation commensurate with experience.
MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All employment decisions and personnel actions at MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references.