Artists from all disciplines and points in their practice are invited to apply to FIELD/WORK. All applicants are encouraged to share an interest in being active participants in a supportive community and an enthusiasm for the process.
For more information about FIELD/WORK, visit the program page.
Apply to Participate
Deadline to submit: September 9, 2019, 11:59 pm
Please be sure to review the tuition, eligibility, and date info below.
FIELD/WORK includes 11 sessions, which take place every other Tuesday evening, 6:00 - 8:30pm, from October 15 - March 24.
Tuition is $60 per month--a total of $360 per resident for the entire program. Selected artists will be asked to sign an agreement and provide the first month's tuition by October 1, 2019 in order to participate. Payments can then be made each month or in full. Other payment plans are also available. If you have questions about the tuition rate or payment options, please feel free to inquire with Kate Zeller, kate[at]chicagoartistscoalition.org
To be considered eligible for the program, applicants need to:
- Reside in the greater Chicagoland area for the duration of the program (residents of the suburbs and surrounding municipalities are eligible to participate)
- Not be a current BOLT Resident
- Not be currently enrolled as a student in a degree-granting program
- Be able to attend all meetings except for cases of illness or emergency
- Complete the FIELD/WORK online application by September 9, 2019 at 11:59 pm
CAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. FIELD/WORK applications will be evaluated by a jury of co-facilitators, guests, and CAC’s Director of Education. Selected artists will be notified between September 17 and 20.
Important Dates for 2019 - 2020
- August 12: Applications open via Google Form
- September 9: Application deadline at 11:59 pm
- September 17- 20: Selected artists notified via email
- October 1: Signed contract and one-month tuition deposit due
Sessions will meet on the following Tuesdays from 6:00 - 8:30pm:
Questions about FIELD/WORK?
Please feel free to email Kate Zeller, kate[at]chicagoartistscoalition.org
Never miss a thing
Subscribe to our newsletter and get regular updates on news, events, grants, and the latest opportunities for artists