Artists from all disciplines and points in career growth from emerging to mid-career are encouraged to apply to FIELD/WORK. The unifying factor is the desire to make a big leap forward, the motivation and commitment to do the work, interest in being an active participant in a supportive community, and an enthusiasm for the process.
CAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
To be considered eligible, applicants must:
- Reside in the greater Chicagoland area for the duration of the program (residents of the suburbs and surrounding municipalities are eligible to participate)
- NOT be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program or its equivalent
- NOT be a current BOLT Residency or HATCH Projects resident
- Complete the FIELD/WORK online application (including CV/Resume and work samples) at Slideroom.com by September 9, 2018 at 11:59pm
- Pay a non-refundable $5 application fee
- Be able to attend all meetings except for cases of illness or emergency
FIELD/WORK applications will be evaluated by a jury of Artist Mentors, Guests, and CAC’s Director of Education.
FIELD/WORK 2018-2019 jury:
- Carlos Flores, LAUNCH 2016 alum + Education Advisory Group Member
- Matthew Nicholas, FIELD/WORK 2017-2018 alum
- Udita Upadhyaya, FIELD/WORK 2017-2018 alum
Tuition is $60 per month, totaling $360 per resident for the entire program.
Selected applicants must sign a contract and provide the first month's tuition by October 1, 2018 in order to participate.
Important Dates for 2018
- July 24: Application opens on Slideroom.com
- August 27: FIELD/WORK Info Session at CAC from 6:00 - 7:00pm
- September 9: Application deadline on Slideroom.com at 11:59 pm
- September 21-26: Selected applicants notified via email
- October 1: Signed contract and tuition deposit due
- October 13: FIELD/WORK begins
Never miss a thing
Subscribe to our newsletter and get regular updates on news, events, grants, and the latest opportunities for artists.