PRINCESSES AND SUPERHEROS
Bi-lingual/ASL Princesses and Superhero Performers
It is not a requirement to be bilingual. We encourage diversity in applicants.
Princess Pop Up is a princess/superhero party & events company in Chicago. We specialize in offering highly talented performers who are also bilingual. We are currently hiring a few actors to portray various princesses and superheroes for the 2019/2020 season. Candidates should have a degree in a performance art or be currently pursuing a degree in the field. Candidates must work well with children, have weekend availability, have reliable transportation, be willing to drive to events (you will be compensated for travel), be reliable, friendly, polite, fully embody their character at each event, and be punctual! Especially looking for male-identifying performers with stage combat training. Self-tape auditions only.
- 18+ years old
- Based in the Chicagoland area
- Have weekend availability
- Strong singer
- Acting ability
- Holds a degree in musical theatre, theatre, dance, music, or any combination of a performing art. Can be currently enrolled in pursuit of a BA, BFA, or MFA
- Experience working with children
- No visible tattoos or piercings (except ears)
- Be able to portray one or more of the following characters: Moana, Jasmine, Elsa, Anna, Spiderman, Aladdin, Captain America
- Must pass a fingerprint background check
- Willingness to receive random drug test
- A valid driver’s license
- A reliable vehicle
- A valid credit card to be put on file (in case of extreme costume damage or theft)
- In addition to English. Speak any of the following languages fluently: Spanish, Polish, Filipino, Russian or ASL
- Familiarity with theatre and improvisation games
- Dance ability
PAY: $50/hour, plus a travel/prep stipend (exact rate will depend on the service performed and how far the event is from our service area). This is non-union, independent contractor work.
Check out our website before applying. www.PrincessPopUp.com
Please submit the following to PrincessPopUpAmerica@gmail.com
- Name, E-mail, Phone number, Height (if not listed on resume)
- Current Headshot and Resume
- Dress Size for female identifying and tshirt and pants size for male identifying or either size for non-binary
- The Chicago neighborhood where you live or the town/city within the Chicagoland area
- List weekend availability
- Describe your experience with children. (Reference may be needed later.)
- List any languages you speak fluently in addition to English
- How did you hear about this audition?
- In your self-tape, please slate your full name and height. Sing 16-32 bars of a Disney song or Musical Theatre song in a similar style.