- LAUNCH Guidelines
Each participating school may nominate up to 7 students. Nominees must be recent or anticipated undergraduates emerging from studio, multidisciplinary, new media arts, or any other arts-centered program. All nominated student applications are reviewed by the LAUNCH jury, who will select up to 30 artists to invite to the residency.
CAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
2018 School Partners
- Chicago State University
- Columbia College
- DePaul University
- North Park University
- Northern Illinois University
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- University of Illinois – Chicago
- University of Chicago
Applicants for LAUNCH Invitational Residency must:
- Be completing a BFA or BA degree program at a partnering school
- Be nominated by faculty through an internal process
- Complete the LAUNCH online application (including CV/Resume and work samples) at Slideroom.com by April 10, 2018 at 11:59pm
- Be able to attend the entire 4-day program
LAUNCH applications will be evaluated by a jury of Artist Mentors, Guests, and CAC’s Director of Education.
The LAUNCH 2019 jury will be announced in early 2019.
Designed to be supported in part by nominating schools and therefore at no cost to participating artists, the tuition for LAUNCH is $400 per resident, which directly supports program expenses. LAUNCH residents also receive a complimentary 1-year artist membership to CAC.
The LAUNCH application is now closed. Details for the 2019 LAUNCH Invitational Residency will be available early 2019.
Important Dates for 2018 (2019 schedule update coming in January)
- February 16 – Sponsorship Confirmation Due from Schools
- March 1 – Slideroom Application Opens for Nominees
- March 20 - Applicant Info Due from Schools
- April 10 – Applications Due at 11:59 pm
- May 1 – Application Decisions to Nominees + Schools
- June 1 – Tuition Due from Schools
- June 12 – Orientation
- June 18-21 – LAUNCH Invitational Residency
For more Information, contact Penny Duff, Director of Education, at email@example.com.
Never miss a thing
Subscribe to our newsletter and get regular updates on news, events, grants, and the latest opportunities for artists.