Youth Fine Arts Coordinator
The Evanston Art Center is looking for a Youth Fine Arts Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Director of Education and the President/CEO the Youth Fine Arts Coordinator is responsible for the operations and functions of all youth programs and events. This includes all activities and tasks related to the planning, delivery, and evaluation of youth art education classes at the Evanston Art Center in regard to youth, arts camps, workshops, and demonstrations. This position works collaboratively with the Director of Education to determine the needs and resources for the programs.
- Should have experience working with children and developing age-appropriate curricula.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Flexible and work well with staff and teaching artists.
- Have an artistic background working with a variety of art mediums.
- Need to be able to work independently, take initiative, and at a fast pace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with children and adults.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of effective budgetary practices.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
Responsibilities of this position
- Assist the Director of Education with the management of all youth classes, camps, events, workshops, and outreach programs.
- Organize, order, and manage all youth art supplies for classes and camps and occasionally adult workshops.
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans for art parties and youth events.
- Managing the Youth Art Studio and storage (clean and organized).
- Assists with birthday parties (getting supplies ready and making sure instructors have everything they need).
- Assists with outreach programming by getting supplies ready.
- Oversee all the teaching assistants. They need to be able to give feedback to teaching assistants' if needed.
- Assist with children's behavioral issues and talk to parents if needed.
- Communicate positively and effectively with children, parents, staff, and supervisors.
$18-$20 hourly depending on experience. 25-35 hours per week depending on the school session.
Please do not call. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: DOE@evanstonartcenter.org
In your letter, please include:
- Summary of your experience.
- Why you are interested in the YFA Coordinator position at the Evanston Art Center
About the Evanston Art Center
Founded in 1929, The Evanston Art Center (EAC) is dedicated to fostering the appreciation and expression of the arts among diverse audiences by offering extensive and innovative instruction in broad areas of artistic endeavor through classes, exhibitions, interactive arts activities, and community outreach. Learn more: www.EvanstonArtCenter.org.
The Evanston Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, pregnancy or marital status in employment or the provision of services and is an equal access/equal opportunity employer.