Youth Ensemble Coordinator - A Christmas Carol
The Youth Ensemble Coordinator is responsible for assisting and supervising child actors during rehearsals and shows. They are also responsible for the safety and well-being of child actors from call until they are picked up by their legal guardian(s). The Youth Ensemble Coordinator will work closely with the Stage Managers, Production Management, and directing team. This role reports directly to the Interim Production Manager.
- At least 2 years’ prior experience working with children under 18
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative manner
- The ability to give precise, constructive feedback
- Active listening skills
- The ability to moderate, express concerns, and ask for assistance
- Must be available for rehearsals as soon as possible and performances from 12/2-12/24
- Assist child actors during rehearsals covering blocking, lines, dialect, music, choreography, etc.
- Assist and supervise child actors and children’s chorus members before and during performances including costumes, props, entrances, etc.
- Supervise child actors between back-to-back performances, but not between performances with longer than a one (1) hour break.
- Monitor child actor behavior
- Provide feedback to parents and Stage Managers
- Assist directing team and Stage Manager with answering parents’/guardians’ questions.
As this role works directly with children, individuals will be required to complete Illinois Mandated Reporter training online and agree to a background check and other training related to Metropolis' policies and procedures prior to beginning work.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is an inclusive workplace and welcomes theatre artists of diverse, intersectional life experiences and perspectives, economic and cultural backgrounds, and abilities.
The health and safety of our performers, crew, staff, and patrons are our first priority. As such, prior to any in-person callbacks, rehearsals, and performances, performers, crew, and staff will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine with some exceptions. Under the policy, performers, crew, and staff must show proof of vaccination with a matching I.D. at their time of entry into the Metropolis Theatre complex spaces.
$400 Rehearsal Stipend + $45/show
TO APPLY please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org