Requirements / Qualifications
● 3+ years of required experience building & making dimensional art. Studio Facilities / Woodshop Maintenance a plus.
● Detailed knowledge of woodworking. Cabinetry, framing, experimental techniques ; steam bending and laminations a plus.
● Maintain woodshop equipment, troubleshoot maintenance issues, document procedures and maintenance logs.
● Responsible for woodshop improvements, fabricating woodshop furniture, jigs and fixtures.
● Assist with woodshop safety training /procedures, maintain and enforce safety protocols.
● Maintain communication with woodshop oriented vendors and our team in a warm and professional manner.
● Ability to determine and make cut lists for projects, tallying materials and overageages.
● Strong expertise using:
○ power tools and hand tools
○ working in a woodshop (table saw, panel saw, chop saw, band saw, miter saw, etc.)
○ spray painting, latex and acrylic painting
○ painting (including murals)
○ industrial adhesives and resins
○ laser cutting and other specialty fabrication methods (ceramics, metals, carpentry) are a plus
● Accountability for leading project builds.
● Demonstrated leadership.
● Work with the Fabrication Manager on project builds.
● Support the Production Department’s goals to be on budget, help troubleshoot when needed.
● Participate in department meetings as requested by the Production Operations Director.
● Excellent people skills and communication.
● Able to manage multiple projects at one time and help prioritize deliverables.
● Actively seek to mentor and help train fellow fabricators.
● Calm under pressure.
● Desire to continually learn new fabrication techniques and methods.
● Ensuring all work is up to AllKinds aesthetic and quality standards.
● Able to identify your own mistakes and seek improvement.
● Able to stand on a ladder for long periods of time.
● Able to lift 40 lbs.
● Must have a valid driver's license and be comfortable driving vans and box trucks (access to a car is preferred, but not required