Guild Row is a unique co-working and event space with a focus in hands-on making and community engagement. Our campus has a member lounge with a cafe and bar, a commercial kitchen, woodshop, and event space.
Guild Row is looking for a part time woodshop/facility assistant to complete projects on our summer build list. This position will work with our woodshop manager/designer, and our summer intern to complete hands-on build projects for our campus.
Our ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Comfortable with woodshop tools including table saw, miter saw, planer, joiner, router, and standard hand power tools.
- Able to work through a project independently through sketches, shop drawings and informed discussions with the woodshop manager.
- Have basic knowledge of wood joinery techniques and strategies.
- Have basic knowledge of finishing techniques including stain, polyurethane, and paint.
- Have basic knowledge of hardware and fasteners to make decisions on project construction.
- Clean, organized and motivated with good communication skills.
We suspect our summer build list will take two months of part time work to complete. Compensation will be hourly based on experience and will also include a membership to Guild Row as well as woodshop access for personal projects and development.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a few images of personal work.