Wiggleworms® Instructor (PT)
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a part-time teacher available on weekend and weekday mornings for its acclaimed early childhood music program, Wiggleworms®! Classes are for children newborn to 5 years old accompanied by an adult and are taught by one teacher who accompanies themselves on guitar.
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance or Music Education preferred.
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience with young children in a classroom setting preferred.
- Must play guitar and be a strong singer.
- Must be creative, passionate about music, and be able to enthusiastically lead grownups with their babies, toddlers, and preschoolers in musical learning.
- Experience working with infants, babies, and toddlers preferred.
- Proficiency on another instrument preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to teach online (OTS will provide a Zoom account) and in person.
Discounts at the School and some voluntary benefits are available for part-time employees.
Qualified candidates will be invited to audition.
For consideration, please visit https://www.oldtownschool.org/... for information on submitting your resume.
About Old Town School of Folk Music
Chicago's Old Town School of Folk Music (“OTSFM”) is the largest community school of the arts in the U.S. and a non-profit organization committed to celebrating American music and global cultures. Founded in 1957, Old Town School provides a wide range of music, dance, and arts courses to people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Whatever one's interest, Old Town School provides broad access to more than 700 weekly class offerings, a broad array of private lessons, and over 400 concerts and community events per year.
Old Town School of Folk Music opened its Lincoln Square facility in 1998 and expanded in 2012. The Old Town School operates two campuses located in Chicago's Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park neighborhoods that include world-class concert halls, classrooms, an award-winning music store, and a music resource center. Online classes were introduced in 2020 and students from nearly every state and a dozen countries participated over the course of the pandemic. Children's classes are also held at several suburban satellite locations. More information is available at oldtownschool.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community-focused organization.