Wiggleworms® Instructor – Lincoln Square & Lincoln Park
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a part-time teacher available on weekend and weekday mornings for its acclaimed early childhood music program, Wiggleworms®! Classes are for children newborn to 5 years old accompanied by an adult and are taught by one teacher who accompanies themselves on guitar.
- At least 3 years of experience teaching young children in a classroom setting.
- Teachers must be creative, passionate about music, and be able to enthusiastically lead grownups with their babies, toddlers, and preschoolers in musical learning.
- Must play guitar and be a strong singer.
- Must have background in music and/or degree in music.
- Experience working with infants, babies, and toddlers preferred.
- Proficiency on another instrument preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to teach online (Old Town School will provide a Zoom account) and in person.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community-focused organization.
For consideration, please send resume to email@example.com.