West Chicago Program Coordinator
CAPE seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to provide logistical, administrative, and communications support for after school programming as well as cross-organizational research efforts. The West Chicago Program Coordinator serves as an important point of contact for teachers, teaching artists and school administrators involved in CAPE’s after school program in West Chicago.
- Compensation: Competitive, plus benefits
- Status: Full time, grant-based position
- Hours: 35 hours per week; some evenings and weekends required for meetings and special events
- Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for certain benefits, including access to health, dental, and long- and short-term disability insurance, 401k, etc.
- Location: Program Coordinator will work remotely until West Chicago schools return to in person learning. When in session, the Program Coordinator will travel daily to schools in West Chicago and attend occasional in-person meetings at CAPE’s Chicago location.
- Reports to: Associate Director of Education
The West Chicago Program Coordinator will regularly communicate with and update the Associate Director of Education on program activities and tasks and contribute to the organization in the following ways:
After School Program Support
- Maintain regular communications with schools, teachers, and teaching artists related to programmatic, administrative, and evaluation matters
- Conduct after school online and in-person site visits
- Provide support and consultation to teachers and teaching artists as needed
- Coordinate logistics for school sharings and public special events
- Design and manage online teacher documentation portfolios
- Prepare and collect contracts for teaching artists
- Maintain monthly timesheets for teachers and teaching artists
- Organize and coordinate all art supplies and materials ordering and distribution to schools and classrooms
- Organize and coordinate school group field trips and busing logistics (when conditions allow)
- Organize and maintain equipment storage and inventory, and oversee checkout equipment procedure
- Coordinate logistics for and co-conceive online or in-person exhibition and dissemination events with Associate Director of Education
- Design and lead exhibition field trip activities (when conditions permit)
- Design and produce materials as needed for online or in-person exhibitions and special events
Professional Development Support
- Schedule times and locations of professional development meetings for after school programs in coordination with Associate Director of Education
- Design and produce materials as needed for professional development meetings
- Order and coordinate food orders for professional development meetings and special events (when conditions permit)
- Plan and facilitate professional development meetings with Associate Director of Education
Program Evaluation Support
- Collect and organize data related to grant reporting requirements
- Conduct research interviews and surveys with teachers, teaching artists, and students
- Conduct classroom observations
- Collect, organize, and archive student artwork
- Background in the arts with experience in education and/or administration.
- Experience and/or specific interest in program evaluation.
- Experience working with public schools and/or community arts organizations.
- Bachelor degree required.
- This position requires regular travel to West Chicago. Candidates must live in or near West Chicago, IL and have their own vehicle.
- Technologic proficiency, including Google Apps Suite, Microsoft Office, and proficiency in graphic design and layout and basic video editing.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.
CAPE is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome diverse applicants for all CAPE positions.
No phone calls or emails please. Deadline for application is January 4th, 2021.