Do you love bringing beautiful, functional websites to life? Are you a stickler for details who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Inspired to solve problems and look at the big picture for clients? If so, then you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
Yakkety Yak is looking for an experienced, strategic Web Producer to be accountable for the timeline, budget and execution of our web projects from start to finish in this client-facing role. As a thoughtful, thorough communicator, you will be responsible for driving both front-end and back-end development for clients alongside in-house teams and UX/UI and/or development freelancers.
Our Web Producer will be the linchpin, always looking at the full project picture and keeping both the client and Yakkety Yak team members moving forward. You’ll need to have a fundamental understanding of the Wordpress ecosystem and a drive to stay up to date on the latest industry trends and content management systems. You will be responsible for supporting our account teams in managing our clients’ web needs from initial kickoff through completion, and communicating updated project needs to clients with the support of account managers.
We don’t have all the answers and we don’t expect you too, either. We do expect that you’ll show up ready to take initiative, self-educate, and have some fun along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Lead team on all website deliverables, including website strategy, sitemaps, wireframes, metadata frameworks, web style cards, content migration plans, maintenance and updates.
- Work alongside account team and new clients to gather business requirements and translate them into effective, user-centered interactive experiences.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish and maintain timelines for each project’s design and development.
- Work closely with our developers, UX/UI team, and clients to guide the website process from beginning to end.
- Translate feedback between client, account team, UX/UI, and developers, to ensure all items are addressed effectively.
- Provide strategic oversight and creative feedback to UX/UI designers, thoughtfully ensuring our projects meet and exceed client expectations.
- Oversee technical updates and basic maintenance of multiple client websites.
- Make content updates within developed sites for retainer clients when needed.
- Ability to manage client domain and server transfers, troubleshooting issues with our developers.
- Advocate for the client’s needs and put on whatever hat needed to assist the team.
What We’re Looking for in You
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in website project management.
- Lead with kindness, curiosity, accountability, commitment, and authenticity.
- Baseline understanding of multiple CMS platforms, with particular expertise in WordPress.
- Working knowledge of domain and hosting setup.
- Working knowledge of Figma and Pastel, or ability to learn, in order to manage internal and client feedback and revisions.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn programs such as Pardot and HubSpot.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of interactions with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Basic understanding of PHP back-end development
What You’ll Love About Us
We believe in taking care of our team. Our market-leading benefits include:
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision--and pet insurance! Staying happy and healthy is a top priority.
- Unlimited PTO. We work hard and deliver for our clients, but we also have families and lives outside the office.
- Market-leading parental leave policy. Who says you can’t grow your family while growing an agency.
- Loft-style office in West Loop Gate. Steps from Union Station, multiple CTA stops, and all that West Loop has to offer.
About Yakkety Yak
Yakkety Yak is a full-service digital agency in growth mode. We believe in making it easier for small business owners to connect with their ideal customers through creative, high-impact digital marketing. We are meticulous about our work, driven to excel, always reaching for new ideas, and professional in our approach. Curious, motivated, and inspired, we are building an environment where we can thrive together.
Yakkety Yak is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Yakkety Yak recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
- Upload a copy of your resume
- Include a cover letter outlining 5 reasons why you are a good fit for our team
- Submit a link to recent articles, sample work product or professional website