POSITION: Voice Instructor
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Education Director
ORGANIZATION: Metropolis School of the Performing Arts
The Metropolis School of the Performing Arts strives to maintain a professional and creative work environment and is seeking a part-time voice instructor to join our team of experienced music faculty.
- Accepts new incoming students as coordinated by the Education Administrator
- Maintains individual private lesson schedule
- Thoughtfully creates curriculum for individual students based on their needs
- Keeps record of student attendance using a given scheduling platform
- Regularly communicates scheduling changes with the Education Administrator
- Provide Education Director and parents with regular feedback
- Adhere to specified Policies and Procedures given when hired
- Bachelor’s degree in music
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Experience teaching all ages is preferred
- Experience teaching vocal lessons on Zoom is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to handle challenging situations calmly & professionally
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty & staff
- Highly organized, independent, & able to take direction
- Positive, motivated, flexible & easy-going disposition
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Compensation varies with degree and experience
- Must be available to teach Tuesday or Thursday afternoons and evenings to start. Lessons are currently being conducted in-person at Metropolis. Lessons are sometimes conducted on Zoom to accommodate make-up lessons, inclimate weather days, etc.
- Ideal start date: January/February 2022
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Metropolis School of the Performing Arts provides extra-curricular arts classes and performance opportunities, a community of friends with similar interests, an accepting environment, and the opportunity to progress to an elite level within the performing arts.
For more information please visit https://www.metropolisarts.com...
APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume with 3 professional references (Microsoft Word Document or PDF files only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Voice Faculty Position” in the email subject. No phone calls please.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layof , recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.