The Metropolis School of the Performing Arts strives to maintain a professional and stress-free work
environment and is seeking a part-time voice instructor to join our team of experienced music faculty.
- Maintains private lesson schedule given by the Education Director
- Accepts new incoming students as coordinated by the Education Director
- Keeps record of student attendance using a given scheduling platform
- Regularly communicates with the Education Director and other School staff
- Provide Education Director and parents with regular feedback
- Adhere to specified Policies and Procedures given when hired
- Bachelor’s degree in music
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Experience teaching all ages preferred
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to handle challenging situations calmly & professionally
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty & staff
- Highly organized, independent, & able to take direction
- Positive, motivated, flexible & easy-going disposition
- Compensation varies with degree and experience
- Must be available to teach Wednesday- Friday afternoons and evenings to start. Lessons are
currently being conducted remotely via Zoom. Potential instructor should be available to continue
their lessons in person at Metropolis in the future.
- Ideal start date: ASAP
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Metropolis School of the Performing Arts provides extra-curricular
arts classes and performance opportunities, a community of friends with similar interests, an accepting
environment, and the opportunity to progress to an elite level within the performing arts.
For more information please visit www.metropolisarts.com/school.... APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume with 3 professional references (Microsoft WordDocument or PDF files only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pleasereference “Voice Faculty Position” in the email subject. No phone calls please.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and provides equal employmentopportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, orany other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.