Visitor Services Assistant (International Museum of Surgical Science)
The Visitor Services Assistant is a key player in all public-facing operations of the International Museum of Surgical Science. The Assistant will facilitate the front desk operations of the Museum, including selling admission tickets, gift shop items, and being an ambassador for the Museum. Additional tasks include marketing, fundraising, outreach, event coordination, and other duties as assigned. Weekends and some evenings required. The person in this role may have the opportunity to move into full-time employment.
- Daily operations of the front desk, including opening and closing the Museum, customer service interactions, and handling merchandise and payments.
- Assisting with Museum marketing, fundraising, and outreach, particularly through social media
- Staffing special events, coordinating caterers and outside vendors, greeting guests
- Additional tasks as needed
- One to three (1-3) years of professional experience in visitor service or museum setting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university Experience in customer service, handling cash, and processing payments
- Self-starter, outgoing, dependable, enthusiastic, team player, time efficient, multitasker, creative, motivated, possesses follow-through and commitment, attention to detail, organization, self-confidence and broad-based customer service experience
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently with goals in mind
- $14.00 per hour
To apply: submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, attn: Miranda Pettengill, Manager of Education and Events.