Virtual Learning and Programs Intern
Snow City Arts Internship Virtual Learning and Programs Intern
Part-time (8-16 hours/week), temporary (June 7, 2022- August 19, 2022), non-exempt $15/hr
About Snow City Arts
Snow City Arts (SCA) inspires and educates children and youth in hospitals through the arts. SCA provides one-on-one and small group instruction in the visual arts, creative writing, theater, music, dance, and media arts to patients at Rush University Children’s Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, and Children’s Hospital University of Illinois. SCA’s curricula in arts education are steeped in studio practices and benchmarked on state and national learning standards. Student workshops are assessed and documented in a customized database and an extensive portfolio archive. SCA works in close partnership with Chicago Public Schools and suburban school districts. With permission, student’s learning outcomes and portfolios are sent to their schools in order to generate credit assignments for work completed with SCA. The SCA team includes a professional staff of 6; an artistic staff of 10 part-time Teaching Artists (TA’s); and numerous interns and volunteers.
SCA is a small but dedicated, efficient, and creative organization with broad reach. As a small, yet mighty organization, our team values an “all hands on deck” approach balanced with a commitment to wellness. The ideal candidate maintains the ability to respond to shifting priorities with enthusiasm and integrate into a role that supports multiple aspects of program development and operational sustainability. Snow City Arts is committed to generating a work environment that centers on learning, equity, and inclusivity. A cohort member of Enrich Chicago, SCA is committed to advancing systemic change in the arts and is building a vision and framework for anti-racist work across the organization.
Summary of position
Snow City Arts is seeking an intern, preferably an undergraduate student, interested in gaining hands-on experience in an arts education nonprofit that works across genres in hospitals. The Virtual Learning and Programs Intern will support the professional staff with a variety of programmatic, administrative, database tasks. In addition to project work, interns may attend staff meetings and become an integral part of the Snow City Arts team. The Virtual Learning and Programs Intern will obtain a full perspective on the inner workings of a small arts education nonprofit, gain office experience, and learn practical skills, including juggling priorities and deadlines.
Virtual Learning and Programs Responsibilities
● Assemble artwork (supplies & printouts) for our virtual learning and programming ● Assist in our artwork supply donation/sponsorship and solicitation for kits and projects ● Provide assistance in decluttering our Google Drive database
● Assist in the redevelopment of our YouTube channel by ensuring all current files are linked to our virtual learning platform, make sure all text is bilingual and uploading new content packages to the channel
● Manage administrative tasks to ensure smooth operation of the organization The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following professional and personal qualities, skills,
and characteristics. Snow City Arts will consider candidates who do not meet every single requirement.
Qualifications: The intern should be a college or undergraduate student with an interest in pursuing a career in arts education and/or arts administration.
● Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment with high expectations
● Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills
● Experience with Google Drives, Excel and other databases is a plus
● Superior organizational skills and excellent follow through
Desired Skills and Experience
● Ability to manage and manipulate artwork files with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. ● Proficient in editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
● Passion for working directly with youth and families, especially youth and families who identify as ALAANA, queer or LGBTQI, newcomers, first-generation immigrants, and people with disabilities.
● Familiarity with the public school and arts education landscape of Chicago.
● Access to reliable transportation
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with some evening and weekend work required. The rate for this role is $15/hour. Hybrid work environment.
Must be a highly motivated, independent, reliable, and enthusiastic team player, have a high enthusiasm to pursue new projects and learn new skills and previous experience in the arts and/or education fields is a plus.
Snow City Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Snow City Arts is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team. ALAANA-identified individuals, trans and gender nonconforming people, people from poor and working class backgrounds and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on May 10, 2022.