VGA Gallery Internship
Video Game Art (VGA) Gallery, a Chicago-based art organization and nonprofit that supports artists who make video games and related new media art, is currently seeking two interns to join our team for the summer season! These interns would be working from June until early fall (duration flexible) and about 5-10 hours a week, including ~hour long weekly meetings. They would also receive a stipend of $200 upon the term’s completion. While the role can adapt around the applicants experience and interests, potential responsibilities and duties include:
- Sourcing or writing articles for our monthly web zine
- Researching grants and assisting in grant writing
- Developing image accessibility for the VGA website
- Helping create a web archive (Squarespace) of past VGA projects and exhibitions
- Writing and designing Mailchimp emails for current VGA members
- Managing inventory of A/V and computer equipment
- Working with the editorial team of our peer-reviewed journal the VGA Reader
- Brainstorming and helping execute both online and in-person programming
- Helping hone and boost VGA’s social media presence
- File organization (both online and in-person)
This role is remote with potential for in-person opportunities within the Chicago area. We are looking for passionate, well-rounded individuals with an interest and passion for growing the discipline of video game making in new cultural directions and supporting risk-taking work that is under-supported and under-represented in commercial video game contexts.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 6, 2022 to be considered for the position. Thank you for your interest!