Vanguard Composer Program- Applications Open
Chicago Opera Theater opens applications for its Vanguard Initiative Emerging Opera Composer Program for the September 2024 - April 2026 cycle. The program focuses on building skills and connections for emerging opera composers in Chicago and the Midwest. During the residency, composers will develop skills in instrumental composition, vocal composition, and orchestration, with an emphasis on dramatic storytelling through music.
Composers are required to reside in the greater Chicago area during the program. Selected composers will join the company for a residency, coinciding with two COT production seasons. The program provides unique opportunities, including observation of mainstage productions, participation in sessions with key artists, individual guidance by the Artistic Director Lidiya Yankovskaya, and the chance to compose a one-act chamber opera.
1. Cover letter expressing passion for dramatic storytelling and interest in COT's Vanguard Initiative program.
2. Detailed resume or CV, including relevant experience in opera.
3. List of composed and performed repertoire.
4. Sample scores, including examples of vocal and instrumental writing.
5. Contact information for 3-5 references.
PLEASE NOTE: Submit all materials to email@example.com by 11:59 am on January 15, 2024. If you've submitted materials in the past, consider resending them with updated information.