Urban Gateways: Teaching Artists
Urban Gateways is currently accepting applications for Teaching Artists!
Urban Gateways invites experienced teaching artists to join the roster to lead programs for school and community-based organizations across Chicago. We are looking for professional teaching artists in dance, literary arts, music, new media, theater, and visual arts who are passionate about sharing their art practice with young people, families, and adults through a variety of instructional programs and arts learning experiences.
Please visit UrbanGateways.org to learn more and to view the application.
- Teaching Artists who are invited to join the roster are eligible to lead any of the above programs.
- Urban Gateways compensates roster Teaching Artists for instructional and planning time, program meetings, and culminating events such as youth showcases or performances.
- Urban Gateways Teaching Artists provide opportunities to experience arts learning through multiple access points, such as arts integration, direct instruction, trauma-informed, and youth-centered approaches.
- Teaching Artists also receive professional development opportunities, administrative support, regular feedback, and various other perks through Urban Gateways
To apply, please submit the following:
- A completed ONLINE APPLICATION
- Supplemental materials, including:
- 1-2 examples of artistic work
- 1-2 samples of work in an educational setting
- A professional resume
- A letter of reference for educational work
If you have additional questions, please contact: