University Club Membership Intern
UNIVERSITY CLUB OF CHICAGO
JOB TITLE: Club Membership Intern - $15/hr.
REPORTS TO: Membership Manager
• The membership intern will support the recruitment and stewardship of the University Club of Chicago members. Candidates should be reliable, highly motivated, and interested in working in a fast-paced, hospitality-oriented environment.
1. Essential Job Functions
• Drafting and editing thoughtful membership communications
• Conducting research on prospective members
• Managing mailings
• Helping to update the member database
• Working at membership special events (may require evening/outside of typical office hours)
• Other administrative projects as needed
2. Member Relations
• Put members first - go above and beyond their expectations to satisfy their needs and provide the
highest quality service.
• Always convey a professional attitude and demeanor towards club members and treat them with the utmost respect.
• Be sincere and hospitable in all dealings with members.
• Take personal responsibility for all member requests.
• Maintain open channels of communication and be receptive to all departments and staff members.
• Write effectively and concisely.
• Convey oral messages clearly and succinctly.
• Ensure that the information needed to proficiently operate the club is disseminated and understood.
4. Planning, Organization and Administration
• Ensure the supplies needed to operate are properly stocked.
5. Employment Policies/Safe Work Environment
• Follow all club policies and procedures as outlined in the handbook.
• Follow all departmental rules communicated by your supervisor.
6. Job Qualifications
• Candidates must be exceptionally detail-oriented
• Effective in-person and written communicators
• Possess strong organizational, computer, and administrative skills (including experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Self-motivation, ability to multitask, and creative problem-solving skills are preferred.
This job description is an outline of job requirements and may not include all job functions that will be required by the University Club of Chicago. This description is subject to change without notice.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Vicki Anton, Membership Manager, at email@example.com