TYA Creative Director
Improv Playhouse is seeking a dynamic, self-starting, brainstorming, Creative Director for our already robust Theatre for Young Audiences Program (TYA). IP-TYA is committed to producing a variety of unique, interactive programs...in both he virtual and (eventually) live platforms, We engage the medium of theatre to bring classic folk tales and contemporary interactive fables to life. The TYA Creative Director should be an enthusiastic spokesperson for the Theatre’s mission and vision, and the value and importance of the arts, for both internal and external patrons and communities. IP is renowned for having developed materials and programs that incorporate STEAM initiatives providing activities and ideation for teachers to utilize before and after our performances. IP TYA travels to Chicago and Suburban Libraries, Days Cares, Schools, and Community Centers
The Creative Director will report to, work closely and collaborate with Administrative staff and the Executive Director to expand and deepen existing regional partners while implementing creative approaches to expand the outreach geography to underserved communities.
The IP-TYA CD will provide leadership and assistance in the following areas:
• Execute sales and schedule virtual/ travelling shows, including following up on contracts and maintaining relationships with institutions
• Facilitate TYA auditions for virtual and travelling productions during and post covid
• Assist with Administrative and organizational duties
• Guide the development of Core Curriculum and Study Guides for programs.
• Find new and utilize existing resources for set, costumes, and props for virtual/travel shows.
• Excellent project management, prioritization and time-management skills in order to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines while driving to surpass goals.
• Professionalism, confidence, and an ability to network effectively.
• A knowledge and passion for the arts.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Simple graphics design capability with Canva or like software.
A positive, collaborative personality
Serve as an enthusiastic spokesperson of the program within and outside of the organization
Please send a resume, headshot, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org