TimeLine Theatre Box Office Associate
About the Position
If you are hired as a Box Office Associate at TimeLine Theatre, you will enjoy a part-time (10-20 hours/week), non-exempt, hourly schedule. You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our patrons in-person at performances and readings, as well as over email and over the phone. You must have evening and weekend availability. You will report to the Audience Services Manager and collaborate with many other departments (both production and administration).
Box Office and Customer Service
- Maintain regular box office hours at our theatre to process phone, mail, internet, and walk-up ticket orders, including single ticket sales, subscription sales, reservations, and exchanges
- Act as the primary communicator between the organization and patrons by responding to incoming calls, voicemails, and emails
- Maintain a working knowledge of our ticketing system, single ticket and subscription pricing structures, and discounts
- Listen actively to patron issues and/or concerns and resolve them in a friendly and efficient manner
Will Call Management and Front of House
- Engage with patrons as they check in for the show – assisting in a friendly and professional process at Theatre Wit
- Answer any patron questions about tickets/subscriptions during pre-show and intermissions
- Prepare appropriate box office reports at conclusion of each performance, reconciling any open issues and communicating any specific challenges
- Collaborate with house managers, TimeLine representatives, and Wit staff as appropriate to maintain building and patron safety
- Be knowledgeable about the company, our mission, values, current productions, current season, and upcoming events
- Advance the strategic marketing goals of the theatre through thoughtful collaboration with the Audience Services and Marketing teams
- Establish a strong working knowledge of ADA guidelines in support of TimeLine’s Accessibility goal to include everyone
- Create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere through honest, clear communication with patrons, staff, and teammates
- Seasonal, part-time hourly position (with the potential for off-season project hours)
- Starts at $15.50 per hour
- 10-20 hours/week during our performance schedule (December 2021—June 2022)
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, in particular Wednesdays – Sundays, with occasional Tuesday performances
- Some prior experience performing high volume customer service-related work
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cash management
- Must be computer proficient, especially with a PC, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
- Experience with a ticketing system or customer relations management database (specifically PatronManager) is a plus
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, high energy, multicultural environment
- You enjoy working independently, assume responsibility, and take initiative using good judgment and strong attention to detail
- You feel responsible for the environment around you and seek to improve it with every action
- You get energy from new perspectives
- You maintain a calm, professional demeanor in all public-facing situations
- You can effectively identify and communicate issues or problems to your team
- You are punctual and have a strong track record of showing up
Please email, in one clearly-labeled document (PDF preferred), a resume and your answers to the short answer questions below. Your email should be to the attention of Kellyn Henthorn (she/her), Audience Services Manager, at HR@timelinetheatre.com with the subject line of your email, “Box Office Associate Position”
We will reach out to you whether or not you are called in for interviews. Please no phone calls. If you do have questions about your application, please email us at the above address.
Applications will be accepted through Monday, November 22.
Short Answer Questions – REQUIRED
In addition to submitting your resume, please take the time to answer the following questions. You do not have to write a cover letter for this application, so we ask that you put your efforts into answering these FOUR questions in complete, thoughtful sentences (no need to write more than 3-4 sentences per question). Thanks!
- What is your customer service philosophy? How do you see yourself practicing it at TimeLine Theatre?
Staff members at TimeLine Theatre Company share the core values of the organization:
COLLABORATIVE: Valuing teamwork as a creative force
EXCEPTIONAL: Exemplifying excellence and innovation in everything we do
FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE: Managing resources effectively and appropriately
INCLUSIVE: Embracing diversity in all its forms
INTIMATE: Creating a close connection between art and audience
RESPECTFUL: Listening and being open to everyone’s perspective
HEALTHY & SAFE: Ensuring a clean environment and nurturing wellness
- Please choose one value from the list above, and tell us how you have used that value in a professional setting in the past? (If you do not have professional experience, feel free to tell us how you have used that value when you have worked with others on a large project.)
- How can this position and the skills you’ll learn at TimeLine contribute to your personal or professional goals?
- How did you find out about this position?