Ticket Services Associate
JOB TITLE: Ticket Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Ticket Services Manager
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt, Hourly
HOURLY RATE: $16/hr
LOCATION: 170 N. Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60601
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s)such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
This position provides customer service to patrons attending the theater.
- Process all elements of subscriber and single ticket transactions: sell single tickets, subscriptions, and process exchanges
- Appropriately assist patrons with access needs and special-seating requests
- Handle cash, check, and credit card transactions
- Assist with patron account maintenance projects
- Complete other ticketing related tasks in support of the Goodman Theatre Ticket Services Department to ensure quality constituent service
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ticketing and Customer Service experience required.
- Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and group environment
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Sensitivity to patron billing and credit card information
- Office hours are 7 days a week. Night and weekend availability is a must—ideally, 24 hours per week
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community—the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination including booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.