Theatre for Young Audiences Creative Director
Improv Playhouse is seeking a Creative Director for our Theatre for Young Audiences Program (TYA). Improv Playhouse Theater for Young Audiences is committed to producing a variety of unique, interactive programs. We engage the medium of theatre to bring classic folk tales to life. IP-TYA has developed supplemental materials that incorporate the STEAM initiative which provides activities and ideation for teachers to utilize both before and after our performances.
IP TYA travels to Chicago and Suburban Libraries, Days Cares, Schools, and participated in the monthly Smilin’ Saturdays Program at the Round Lake Beach Cultural and Civic Center.
The Creative Director will report to the Executive Director and provide assistance in the following areas:
• Assist with sales and scheduling travelling shows, including following up on contracts and maintaining relationships with institutions
• Assist with TYA auditions for the travelling productions
• Assist with Administrative and organizational duties
• Help develop the Core Curriculum and Study Guides.
• Help source and find set pieces, costumes, and props for productions
• Excellent project management, prioritization and time-management skills in order to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines while driving to surpass goals.
• Professionalism, confidence, and an ability to network effectively.
• A knowledge and passion for the arts.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Theatre
Please send a resume, headshot, and cover letter to email@example.com