Theatre Camp Counselors
Under the direct supervision of the Art/Special Events Manager, the Theatre Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of Theatre Camp curriculum, guiding and instructing campers, and other leadership duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to assist in the creation and implementation of curriculum for all ages of Theatre Camp
- Plan and supervise weekly fieldtrips, including transportation
- Supervise and swim with campers during swim time
- Must be able to supervise and lead staff
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with participants, parents and staff
- Must understand and work within the budget
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the employee handbook
- Assist students with costuming, set design, prop design, etc.
- Ability to stand in an indoor classroom environment for up to six (6) hours
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- If required to drive, you must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable driving a 14 passenger bus.
- One to three years of theatre training/experience
- Must be able to work the entire duration of the summer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
One to three years of experience in the theatre/dance field and/or with camps
Some college education preferred