Theater Camp Counselors (Overnight!)
Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts (www.harandcamp.com), an established musical theater and activities camp for children 7-18, is seeking Camp Counselors (age 18+) for its 66th Season (June 15 - August 3, 2021). Counselors are assigned a cabin group, serve as team leaders, and also teach and assist in our theater and activities program. Desired teaching/specialty areas include: Arts & Crafts, Sports, General Games, Performing Arts, Technical Theater and more.
Counselors must be available to work and reside on campus at Carthage College in Kenosha, WI for the duration of our camp season (June 15 - August 3, 2021). Counselors receive full room and board (all meals!) on a college campus with modern amenities.
Apply online at https://www.harandcamp.com/staff-application. Qualified applicants will then participate in an interview (via phone) and are subject to a reference & background check.
PLEASE NOTE - All potential hires must be willing to get the COVID VACCINE and be fully vaccinated by June 15. They must also follow, implement, and enforce all COVID safety protocols set forth by Harand Camp, Carthage College, the CDC and other government agencies (including masking!). Our full COVID plan will be posted on our website (harandcamp.com) in Early April. While we are currently planning on having camp, we will only open if we can provide our campers + staff a safe + happy summer!
- Must be 18+ (out of high school)
- Excellent with kids of all ages
- High energy & flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership & team-building skills
- Positive attitude, common sense, and sound judgment
- Sincere desire to be a role model for children
- Interest in the arts/musical theater a plus!
- Ability to instruct activity classes in VARIETY of areas
- Proof of COVID Vaccination by June 1 (must by fully vaccinated by June 15 at latest)
2021 Dates: June 15 - August 3, 2021
- Seven-week commitment (including orientation)
- Counselors must be available for the entire summer!
Salary: $1000 and up for the camp season (based on experience)
- Counselors also receive FULL room + board (including 3 meals per day) on the Carthage College campus and all work-related activities paid for.
- A small travel stipend may be available.
Camp Website: https://www.harandcamp.com/
Employment Information: https://www.harandcamp.com/employment
Online Application: https://www.harandcamp.com/staff-application