Technical Director/Master Carpenter
The Stage School is currently seeking a Technical Director/Master Carpenter for our fall music revue, “Shine On: A Celebration of Live Theater.” Performances will take place on Saturday, December 4th.
Work days will be scheduled at a mutually agreed up time, with daytime weekday and weekend hours available. Key pieces required for rehearsals would be needed by November 13. Load in and technical rehearsals will take place December 2 – 3.
This production rehearses at the Centennial Activity Center, 100 S. Western Ave in Park Ridge. Performances will take place at Prairie Lakes Theater in Des Plaines.
At The Stage School, we provide quality part-time training in the performing arts for children between the ages of four to sixteen. In our classes and camps, students develop core fundamentals in acting, singing, and dance. Our classes consist of a variety of fun and engaging activities which help kids succeed both on and off the stage.
Responsibilities for the Technical Director position include:
· Determine how the scenery will be built and out of what materials.
· Create technical drawings of set pieces for construction
· Create a materials list including cost for review by the producer and purchase of necessary materials
· Manage budget/purchases as needed
· Serve as master carpenter to construct and/or oversee construction of all scenic elements
· Coordinate load in and strike of materials
· Communicate with the producer, as well as properties, lighting and costume designers as needed to ensure cohesive artistic implementation of the production
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior scenic design and carpentry experience
- Highly organized, independent, and able to take directions
- Valid driver’s license
- Background check required.
For consideration, please send resume and availability by email.
Compensation: Flat fee of $750
For consideration, please send resume and interview availability.
For more information, please visit www.StageSchoolChicago.com