Currently seeking art instructors for the Evanston Art Center’s Maker Lab!
We are looking for instructors who can develop and lead classes in various fabrication applications including, Graphic Design, Photography, 3D Printing, Laser and Vinyl Cutting. Together with our education team instructors will develop curriculum to best integrate our Fabrication equipment into the classroom. At this time we are looking to expand the number of classes offered in our Maker Lab and to provide Open Studio times for students outside of class time.
Instructors will be individuals who have experience teaching and are ready to develop and implement a variety of learning plans that are exciting and accessible to both students who are inexperienced and curious about design and fabrication, as well as students who are experienced and ready to grow their skillset. Our goal is to offer classes that range from basic graphic illustration such as sticker creation, and key chain fabrication to more advanced classes in zine-making, character design, and brand logos for all ages.
Instructors typically teach multi-week classes once a week or shorter workshops. Equipment in the Maker Lab includes: Darkroom, Mac Laptops (with Adobe Creative Suite), Epson Inkjet Printers, Dremel 3D Printers, DLSR Cameras, Vinyl Cutter, and a Boss Laser Cutter and Engraver.
About the Evanston Art Center
The Evanston Art Center is dedicated to fostering the appreciation and expression of the arts among diverse audiences by offering extensive and innovative instruction in broad areas of artistic endeavor through classes, exhibitions, interactive arts activities, and community outreach. The EAC strives to be widely recognized as a dynamic art education and exhibition center that encourages freedom of artistic expression and enriches cultural life and to be the hub of artistic endeavors, a passionate advocate for the arts, and a valuable partner for arts initiatives.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 5+ examples of artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please include:
- Summary of your teaching experience and your approach to teaching
- Why you are interested in teaching at the Evanston Art Center
- Background with the fabrication equipment you would like to teach
- General availability for Winter/Spring
Expectations of Evanston Art Center Instructors:
- At least 1-2 years teaching experience in school or community center settings.
- Experience and interest in working with various ages (youth to adult).
- Ability to develop and implement new curriculum for classes.
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Ability to collaborate/work well with administrative staff and other teachers.
- Have experience working with equipment in Maker Lab and experience instructing on equipment.
- Maintains Makerspace hardware (3D Printer, Laser Engraver, and other equipment).
- Promotion of innovation and learning.
- Able to work with students of various skill levels (beginner to advanced).
Deadline: October 29, 2021
Contact Info: Ellie Hazlett, email@example.com
Below is a list of class ideas we would like to develop:
- Graphic Design
- Intro to Graphic Design
- Procreate Class
- Brand Identity: Creating a Personal Brand
- Poster Design
- Lightroom (+ Photography)
- Digital Comics
- Cartooning Basics
- Character Boot Camp
- Zine Making
- Children’s Book Illustrator
- 3D Modeling
- 3D printing
- Intro to 3D Printing
- Figure/Character Design
- 3D Printed Magnet Workshop
- Laser Printing
- Sign Making
- Laser Cut Coaster Workshop
- Puzzle Making
- Leather Working
- Vinyl Cutter
- Sticker Making
- Logo Design
- Stencil Design
- Silk Screen Template Making