Teaching Artist - Various Media
WHO WE ARE
Come join our team! SkyART is seeking Teaching Artists for our summer session (and beyond!). With art at the center of everything we do, SkyART provides free, safe, creative spaces where young people are empowered and connections are made. Located in South Chicago since 2001 SkyART focuses on creative youth development, realizing limitless potential through the arts.
HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about working with youth. Our intention is to build a community of talented artists who would like nothing more than to grow and experiment with us. We foster meaningful exchange of ideas across age, race, and gender.
Teaching Artists can be scheduled to teach 1x workshops, 8-10 week studio program sessions and/or 10-30 week residencies in our various school & community partners. As representatives of SkyART in the studio, classroom, and the communities they serve, teaching artists share a commitment to our mission and values.
- Create a culture of learning that reflects the organization’s values and supports youth in their development as artists
- Develop process‐based curricula that incorporates the SkyWAY method
- Plan and establish a safe, learning environment for all participants
- Communicate with program staff in a timely and professional manner
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Visual Art, Art Education
- Cultural competency to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Be flexible and manage multiple priorities
- Detailed-oriented with excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and writing skills
- Practicing artists encouraged, with specializations in ceramics, digital illustration, and photography preferred
Salary and Schedule
How To Apply
- Email resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
SkyART is an equal opportunity employer and seeks workforce diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.