Teaching Artist | Grant Park Music Festival | Millennium Park
The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks two (2) part-time Teaching Artists for the 2022 Festival season. Members of the Festival’s Education and Community Engagement team, the Teaching Artists are responsible for delivering instruction and managing program evaluation for the Festival’s Classical Campers program. Teaching Artists share their love of classical music with children ages 6 - 12 and Special Recreation groups of all ages from Chicago Park District day camps across the city. The program features engaging activities, hands-on instrument introductions, and up-close access to the musicians of Grant Park Music Festival at Millennium Park.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Festival’s Education and Community Engagement Manager and education consultant, collaborating on and teaching curriculum and lesson plans for the Classical Campers program throughout the summer.
- Participate in community engagement activities such as instrument petting zoos and pop-up events.
- Craft end-of-season Classical Campers report reviewing the successes and challenges of the season, including camper data, daily survey results, activity reports, and general suggestions for improvement.
- Act as ambassadors for the Festival, working to create an inclusive, fun, and safe environment for campers
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Music degree and/or active teaching certification.
- Experience working effectively with students aged 6 - 12 from a variety of backgrounds. Experience working children and adults with disabilities a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of, and passion for, classical music and teaching children.Highly adaptable, resourceful, and a proven team player.
- Ability to load instruments and props onto rolling carts, ability to work outdoors at times and possibly in inclement weather.
- $18/hour; 20 - 25 hours per week. This position is non-exempt.
- Must be available mid-June through mid-August (some planning work in early June).
- Hours are typically 10am – 3pm, Tuesday through Friday, plus prep time as needed and with some occasional community engagement activities in the evenings and on weekends.
TO APPLY, please visit: https://grantparkmf.applicants...