Support Teaching Artist near Grand/Narraganset
Seeking Support Teaching Artist for Giant Pop Up Book Program
DESCRIPTION: Seeing one Support Teaching Artist to work with two 6th Grade classrooms. Students will be making giant (like person-sized) pop-up books to use for short (2-3min) presentations based on fables. The Support Teaching Artist will be present on all build dates to assist groups with construction of their giant books.
LOCATION: 2050 N. Natchez Ave., Chicago 60707
STUDENT AGE RANGE: 6th grade (2 classrooms)
# STUDENTS/CLASS: 30ish (avg. CPS class sizes)
SCHEDULE:Classes will meet from 9:15-10:15am on M and TU. Classes will be held on the following dates:
- Note: Classes begin on Feb 10, but the Support Teaching artist does not join the class until Mar 3
- Mar 3/4 (note: Mar 4 is a Wed, and class will be from 10:15-11:15 on this date)
- Mar 9/10
- Mar 16 (no school TU)
- Mar 23/24
- Mar 30/31
- WEEK OFF for SPRING BREAK
- Apr 13/14
- Apr 20/21
- Apr 27/28
- May 4/5 (TECH classes)
- May 11/12 (TECH classes)
- May 18/19 (extra week--will be moved to a different place later once we know the dates of a school trip)
- May 26/27 (SHOW dates-- note, this is a TU/W due to the M holiday)
- Each group meets ONCE per week-- each classroom has only 10 class hours before tech.
- The school's Art Teacher will be present and working with Teaching Artists at all times.
- The Support Teaching Artist will begin in March when full-scale building begins and will continue through all performances.
- This project is an extension of a small-scale pop-up book unit the art teacher is doing earlier in the year.
- There will be one other Support TA (already hired), as well as the Lead Teaching Artist and school Art Teacher assisting students during the build.
PAY: $20/class-- comes to around $600.00 total for the residency
IF INTERESTED: Email cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references who can speak to your work with youth. Prior experience building large-scale artwork on your own or with students is a plus, but is not required.