Summer Youth Arts Program Interns
Architreasures is a non-profit, arts-based community development organization that works in underserved neighborhoods by involving people in projects that transform public space and increase civic engagement. Our collaborative art and design initiatives serve as a catalyst to holistic community development. We partner with stakeholders to implement creative strategies-including design/build projects, public artwork and/or community arts programming that strengthen neighborhood capacity by empowering individuals to shape their future and the future of their community. Grounded by local histories, cultural assets and aspirations of a community, our grassroots efforts nurture collaborative processes and creative synergies to evolve and grow thriving neighborhoods.
Summer Youth Programs Interns will work with Architreasures Program Managers to develop and facilitate creative educational projects for youth ages 7-13. Responsibilities include active participation in initial intern meeting, post-evaluation meeting and meetings as scheduled, developing age appropriate projects for the group and leading a small group of children/teens in planned activities.
Desired skills & qualifications
- Experience and/or interest in the youth arts programming
- Should be highly energetic and excited to teach and engage young people in hands-on arts and design projects
- Must have excellent rapport with middle school and high school aged youth
- Be able to serve as a guide and mentor to youth participants
- Knowledge and/or experience leading creative workshops a plus
- Minimum 2-4 shifts in a given week (at least 12 hours) •
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday (9-3pm)
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a sample curriculum outline/project idea to firstname.lastname@example.org.