Summer Internship Program
Steppenwolf Theatre’s Professional Leadership Programs offer opportunities for students and early-career professionals to experience the inner-workings of a professional theatre from every angle. Each of our programs includes a uniquely hands-on experience coupled with mentorship and professional development. Participants should expect:
• Formalized and comprehensive training in arts administration or production
• Focus on professional development and networking
• Connections to peers, mentors, and industry professionals
• Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion training
• Independent and collective learning projects
• Hands-on experience for future career opportunities
• Free tickets to Steppenwolf programming
• Ability to witness firsthand how a world-class theatre operates
The Internship Program (June 1 – August 28, 2020) is perfect for early-career professionals looking for an introduction to arts administration and production. This program provides direct connections to Steppenwolf staff and an opportunity to get hands on experience within the theatre industry. Interns receive opportunities to attend professional development seminars and complimentary tickets to Steppenwolf programming.
2020 Summer Internships are available in the following departments:
• LookOut Producing
• Production Management
• School at Steppenwolf
• Theatre Management
*Given the realities of our production schedule we are unable to offer any technical internships during summer 2020. We fully anticipate these offerings returning for future summers.
Compensation: Summer internships are unpaid part-time positions; however, participants may be able to receive academic credit. Interns can also apply for our Cost of Living Reimbursement Awards of $1,500 for the summer to help defray living expenses.
Deadline for all Summer Internships is Sunday, January 26, 2020
All applications must be submitted online. For more information on the Professional Leadership Programs, including our Apprenticeships and Fellowships, or to apply online, please visit www.steppenwolf.org