Summer Faculty: Fine Arts Day Camp
The David Adler Music and Arts Center seeks art, music, and theatre faculty for its vibrant and welcoming summer day camp in the Northern suburbs.
Faculty are experienced teachers and artists with enthusiasm for working with young people. Faculty teach 4 periods each week-day and develop curricula and lessons that will inspire their students. They should have enthusiasm for working collaboratively across artistic disciplines.
About Camp Adler: Creative youth, ages 5 - 16, explore music, art, and theatre at Camp Adler. Campers choose a different class each period of the day to create a unique schedule tailored to their age and interests. 2020 class offerings include The Jazz Age, Unknown Artists, Ceramics, Photography, Broadway Songs, Promenade Theatre, Improv, Songwriting, Bucket Band, and Ukulele.
To Apply: Complete the general application and submit a cover letter and current résumé to Molly Bunder, Program Coordinator. https://adlercenter.org/wp-con...
Adler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Teach a music (percussion/xylophone/ukulele/voice) art (mixed media/ceramics) or theatre (drama/puppetry/musical theatre) class each period of the camp day.
- Teach within the provided curriculum for all assigned classes, and develop lesson plans for each class
- Develop a materials inventory for all projects and request materials by May 15, 2020
- Maintain a welcoming classroom
- Attend staff and orientation meetings
- Prepare students for an end-of-camp sharing for parents and friends.
Days and Hours
- Session 1, June 8 - 26
- Session 2, July 6 - 24
- Mondays - Fridays, 9:30 am - 4 pm
- Showcase performances on June 25 and July 23 at 6 pm.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- hold a bachelor's or master's degree in education and/or art/music/theatre/musical theatre.
- have teaching experience in art, music, or theatre
- have enthusiasm for working with grades K-6
- be able to accompany musical theatre and vocal performance students on ukulele, guitar, or piano.