Summer Arts Camp, Pre-K Teaching Artist
BAC School of Fine Arts is seeking Pre-K Teaching Artists for summer camp in the following disciplines:
- Visual Arts
- Planning detailed lessons following along the camp themes including: I Am Me, Everything Seuss, Heroes Among Us, Going Green and Celebration Station
- Teaching students artistic curriculum specific to the Teaching Artist's discipline
- Adhering to specific contractual protocols on attendance and timeliness, including the utilization of a roster listing fellow BAC Teaching Artists for isolated substitution needs.
- Submitting to fingerprinting and background checks for each partnering organization to be cleared before placement in applicable classrooms.
- Attending seasonal Professional Development meetings with fellow Teaching Artists at the BAC, led by SOFA department staff.
- Being observed in classrooms intermittently by SOFA department staff performing scheduled site visits as well as school/organizational personnel on a random basis.
- Completing bi-weekly Time Sheets claiming payment for contracted classes taught on behalf of the BAC reflecting agreed upon pay rates and hours.
Experience and Education:
- Applicants should be practicing artists with a portfolio or body of work to present in conjunction with a resume detailing any relevant teaching experience or previous work with young people. A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience is strongly preferred.
- A High School Diploma is required, and a Bachelor's or advanced degree is preferred; compensation is commensurate with education level and teaching experience.
- All candidates will be considered primarily on the basis of reliability, accountability and integrity combined with a passion for bringing the arts to classrooms in need of enriching artistic programs.
Teaching Artists are strongly motivated independent contractors who demonstrate tangible classroom management skills and an ability to properly address behavior issues among students. Transparent availability, scheduling flexibility and strong communication skills are required assets for this position. As representatives of the Beverly Arts Center, artists are expected to be professional, prepared and prompt for all contracted classes. The BAC reserves the right to terminate Teaching Artists from the active roster at any time if these standards are not upheld.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only emailed applications will be considered. Please send a resume and a short cover letter.
Camp Teaching Artist Rate: $25/hr