Studio Manager Position
The Studio Owner and Co-owner.
The Lead Studio Coordinator, full time and part time administrative staff members, volunteer hosts, and independent contractor staff.
The Studio Manager position is multi-faceted requiring an ideal candidate to feel confident working with a small team of close individuals while overseeing the successful functioning of additional staff and the studio as a whole. The position requires ingenuity, problem solving skills, and excellent time management. Candidates should be able to work successfully in higher pressure, project-oriented situations with strict deadlines. The Studio Manager is the point person for all escalated customer service and staff issues under the Studio Owner.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Write and set studio policy including application and enforcement methods.
· Recruit, train, and oversee administrative staff including hiring, scheduling, payroll, disciplinary actions, company performance reviews, end of employment administration, etc.
· Train Independent contractors and volunteer hosts and facilitate disciplinary actions, end of employment administration, etc.
· Provide technical support and troubleshoot internet & phone/fax service, website & email hosting, web & registration software design, database back-ups, credit card terminal functionality, etc.
· Facilitate studio marketing practices including Groupon, Yelp, Google Adwords, Social Media, community partnership donations, etc. and engineer new marketing endeavors for optimal studio promotion and new student engagement.
· Oversee studio maintenance and building operations including building security, HVAC & sound equipment maintenance, cleaning operations, etc.
· Maintain vendor relationships and contracts.
· Facilitate and manage studio rentals and requests including event quotes, contracts, staffing, logistics, and billing.
· Assist in planning and organizing dance events and trips.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or equivalent office management experience.
· 3 years + office experience, management experience a plus.
· Must possess exceptional communication skills and be able to provide excellent customer service, de-escalate situations, answer emails and phone calls professionally and timely.
· Technical skills and problem solving with database and web design/management preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
· Must be able to work successfully in both an individual and group environment. Should thrive in high pressure situations while efficiently managing time during quiet moments.
· Must be able to delegate responsibilities and tasks to support staff.
· Must be able and willing to do some light physical labor including moving studio chairs, tables, furnishings, and equipment.