Seeking a Studio/Illustration Assistant for Wonder City Studio
Wonder City Studio is a small, Ravenswood-based visual arts company. We create artwork that honors the architecture and history of places worth preserving, with a special love for Chicago.
We're looking for a part-time assistant to help us during the week with a variety of tasks outlined below.
- Hours: 8 hrs/week. 4 hrs two days a week, from 12PM - 4PM (we have some flexibility on which days. We also occasionally have a need for more hours during busier times.)
- Pay: $18/hour
- Start date: ASAP
- Work location is at our studio (not remote/home-based)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing online orders for shipment and for retail/wholesale/shows
- Assisting with creating free-hand drafts for drawings, graphic design
- Working with Photoshop and/or Procreate to do touchups, coloring, layout and other digital work
- Ordering production supplies, keeping track of levels and stocks
- Customer service, handling customer/vendor/retail questions
- Helping keep the studio organized and neat
- Assisting with preparation for shows/fairs (display prep, helping load-in/out, etc)
- General miscellaneous tasks needed around studio
Requirements and preferences
- High attention to detail
- Great free-hand drawing skills and a knack for color and design
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator good too.
- Knack for organization, punctuality, and efficiency
- Good writing skills/communication
- Enjoy some repetitive tasks (the ones where you can zone out and listen to music/podcasts)
- Interest in the arts and Chicago architecture and history is a big plus!
What we need from you: Please email us a short cover letter, resume, and portfolio (examples of your drawing are best).