Studio Assistant | Kaspar Art Services
At Kaspar Art Services, we prioritize preservation and documentation to help private collectors and foundations in the greater Chicagoland area care for their fine art collections in alignment with their legacies. Located in West Humboldt Park, we are passionate about growth and are constantly leveling up and streamlining our services to better support our clients. We are proud to be Amazon-free and leverage our purchasing power to support other small businesses whenever possible. If you are a self-starter who asks great questions and loves breaking down big projects into tiny wins, you may a great fit for our team!
Visit www.kaspar-art-services.com to learn more about our services.
The Studio Assistant is responsible for mindful art handling, digital asset management, and providing administrative support for the business owner. Art handling includes matting & framing, assisting with installation, soft packing, and transportation. Digital asset management includes image processing, file management, and database entry. Administrative support to the business owner includes drafting proposals and emails, ordering supplies, tracking expenses, and a daily morning call. Work will take place on-site at client locations, at the Kaspar Art Services studio, and remotely as needed. This is a contract, hourly position with the potential for growth.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of one year of art handling experience
- Skilled at Photoshop, Lightroom, and InDesign
- Excellent note taking and organizational skills
- Confidence in writing concise, interpretative texts for artwork
- Proficiency with FileMaker Pro is desirable
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is highly preferred
- question asker, inquisitive
- driven and willing to learn independently
- interested in growth and longevity
- attention to detail
- problem solver
- art enthusiast
If interested, please send a statement of interest as the body text of an email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
- your updated resume
- examples of your best relevant work
- a list of 5 elements of collection care