Student Services Associate
Position & Organization Overview
Merit School of Music is seeking two (2) Student Services Associate (one bilingual English/Spanish and one English/Mandarin) to begin no later than Monday, February 17, 2020. This position will provide support to teachers, parents and students. The Student Services Associate assists with the enrollment process, facilitates communication, maintains enrollment documents, and helps with other tasks as necessary.
Merit School of Music is committed to building a world in which historically underrepresented groups can attain access to quality music education. Simultaneously, Merit is continually working towards becoming an organization that is truly reflective of the demographics of the city and the students we serve.
The Student Services Associate reports to Director of Student Services.
Duties of the Student Services Associate include, but are not limited to:
Customer Support – approx. 80%
- Serve as the primary point of contact for student enrollment and customer service
- Provide support to parents, students, staff, and faculty regarding course offerings, programming, billing, and financial aid awards
- Consult with families to formulate payment plans when needed
Database Management – approx. 10%
- Collect and maintain accurate student records through ASAP for onsite students as well as offsite students in our Merit Music in Communities program
- Lead process of creating class offerings and course codes for online registration
General Student Services Team Expectations – approx. 10%
- Calculate and adjust student accounts with regards to changes in class schedules and applications of awarded financial aid and/or scholarships
- Facilitate communication with families with past-due accounts
Personal Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Prior administrative and/or customer-facing experience required
- Data entry and database maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Background in music preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/Mandarin
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 1-3 years’ administrative support and customer-facing experience required.
20 hours per week; weekday evenings and Saturday morning/afternoon availability required.
Compensation for this position is $18.00 per hour.
Interested candidates should send resume to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Materials should be compatible with Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat. Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their materials and further guidance and updates about the hiring process by e-mail, with interviews provided for finalists.
For more information about Merit School of Music, please visit contact the HR email listed above and www.meritmusic.org.
Merit School of Music is committed to enhancing the diversity of our musical community, recognizing that by providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning environment for our students, we are preparing them for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The Merit community recognizes that it has a responsibility for creating and sustaining a learning and working environment where difference is valued, and where equity and inclusion are practiced.