The Metropolis School of the Performing Arts is seeking Stage Managers for our upcoming Summer Performance Camps.
POSITION TITLE: Stage Managers - Curtains Up Performance Camps
WORK TYPE: Employee - Seasonal
DEPARTMENT: School of the Performing Arts
REPORTS TO: Education Camp and Production Manager
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre: The School of Performing Arts (SOPA) at Metropolis Performing Arts Centre has been educating learners in the arts for over 15 years. Our Camp branch focuses on creating fun, educational camp experiences for new and seasoned students alike. Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our Summer Performance Camps are a hybrid of traditional summer camps with theatre rehearsals and classroom activities. During each session, our campers learn new techniques in acting, music, and dance while putting together a full scale, quality show on our Metropolis stage! Camps are broken down by age group: Curtains Up! campers are grades 4-8. Camp takes place daily between 9am-3:30pm; Stage Manager hours start at 10:30am. Applicants may be contracted for 1 or more camp sessions, and employment will end once the contracted sessions are over. Employment opportunities for future sessions are possible. These are stipend positions.
METROPOLIS SUMMER CAMP 2022 - CAMP SESSIONS
Curtains Up! Guys and Dolls JR
Curtains Up! Frozen JR
Curtains Up! High School Musical JR
For more information regarding dates and times, please refer to our camp website here: https://www.metropolisarts.com/camps/
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend all camp days, production meetings, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances.
- Work alongside directing staff to provide organization to the production. This includes managing daily schedules, taking blocking notes, and communicating with designers.
- Create all prompt books, breakdowns, and plots directly associated with Stage Management of the production under the supervision and approval of the Manager.
- Operate QLab (including light cues and sound cues) during tech and performances, under the training and supervision of the Lighting Designer and/or Manager.
- Manage the Counselors as the Assistant Stage Managers for the production for prop tracking and backstage help.
- Complete all regular duties commonly associated with Stage Management. Duties may be assigned on a daily basis relevant to the position.
- Help to facilitate strike at the end of the run.
- Prior experience in stage management.
- Prior experience or interest working with children.
- Highly organized, independent, and able to take directions.
- Provide own housing & transportation. All rehearsals take place at 111 W. Campbell St. in Arlington Heights, IL.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster).
- Monday through Friday, June 6 through August 13. Saturday performance dates are June 25, July 23, and August 13.
- $1000 per camp session
Instructions to Apply:
To apply, please send the following to Nick Brandt, Education Camp and Production Manager, at email@example.com. Positions are open until filled.
-Interest Email (no cover letter needed).
-Resume detailing relevant experience.
-2 professional references and contact info for them.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.