Stage Manager for National Tour
StarQuest Dance Competition is a nationwide performing arts competition, touring to 60+ cities each year and delivering a truly unique experience to young performers. We are looking for motivated, positive, people-oriented leaders to join our touring Road Warrior team!
What POSITIONS are we looking for?
• Stage Manager: This is not a typical SM position. Responsibilities not only include physically demanding load-ins and management of local crew, but also creating memorable experiences for our guests. SMs must develop a streamlined yet fun backstage environment for an ever-changing 500-1000 performer “cast,” while proactively leading fellow crew and running a seamless, LIVE, unscripted show. Our Stage Managers are the right-hand person for the Event Directors, with the keen abilities to see multiple perspectives, excel in high energy environments, and maintain consistent positive attitudes during pressure-cooker scenarios. This position is for natural leaders with the duality of focusing on details while evolving the artistic big picture.
What QUALITIES do our Road Warriors possess?
• Innate leadership with prior experience in their field
• Love of providing a great experience to guests of all ages
• Impeccable logistical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication
• Mastery of time management and multitasking
• Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to load in, load out, and carry heavy equipment
• Skill in moving quickly through time and space
• Ability to work well on little to no sleep (And thrive while doing it!)
• Sense of humor
What’s in it for YOU?
This is a truly unique experience that will allow you to grow personally and professionally. You’ll work side by side with people who love what they do and strive to find the best way to overcome obstacles and accomplish a common goal. It is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. With this type of work and schedule, you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate your own skills and grow to your fullest potential.
We will be hiring throughout December for the 2022 season through virtual interviews. These will be scheduled on an individual basis.
Mandatory Training for all Road Warriors:
• January 10 - 13, 2022
• January 17th – June 6th, 2022 (Excluding April 15th-22th)
**Most weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday early morning and return home on Monday afternoon
-Positions have no union jurisdiction
-Competitive pay with seasonal and yearly increases
-Travel, food/per diem, and double occupancy lodging provided on the road
Want to embark on this journey with us?
Please go to the website below. There you will find detailed job descriptions and how to apply.