Squarespace Web Designer
We are looking for a Web Designer with a design background and experience with Squarespace to join our team of freelancers.
The workload varies depending on our client load. Having you on the team will allow us to take on more clients!
The projects, at least to start, are not client-facing and look like this:
- You will be given brand guidelines and all of the copy for the website.
- You will choose and implement a template that make sense for the content and the goals of the website.
- You will select stock photos that are aligned with the brand or implement the client’s photos.
- You will do basic SEO on all pages of the site.
- You check the website on various browsers and mobile devices and make necessary revisions.
- 1 year or more of experience building websites on Squarespace, Shopify and/or Square
- A keen sense of design. You know how to adapt your aesthetic preferences to meet clients’ needs
- Knowledge of Information Architecture and UI design
- Experience working with clients
- Ability to problem-solve on your own
- Interest in working with a woman-owned, values driven company
- Fire for building a more just and equitable world for all people
- A stellar work ethic
- Availability between 9am and 5pm Central Time several days a week
- Commitment to delivering high quality work (you double check your stuff before submitting it).
- Ability to respond to messages within 24 hours
- Time to start new projects within 24 hours of accepting the assignment
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes
YOU MIGHT HAVE:
- A degree in Art or Design
About Expansive Media
Expansive Media is a full-service marketing agency for small ethically-minded businesses. We build custom Squarespace websites. We currently have a team of 5 freelancers.
We treat people how we want to be treated. We build our clients and their businesses up. We are allergic to disempowering, mumbo-jumbo tech jargon. We train you how to do as much of the tech work you want to do and for the services we provide we make sure you understand what we are doing. It’s not rocket science and even if it was, you have the ability to understand it.
We respect all humans and amplify the voices of those who have been repressed. We believe that the more women there are in business, the better the world will become.
We test everything on ourselves first. If it sucks, we do not implement it for clients. We use digital products that back our clients (and us) up with an incredible team.
We value our time and yours. We save you time by finding and implementing systems and processes that work for your business.
We are creative outside-the-box thinkers. We know that every problem has a solution and we are committed to finding the one that works for you.
I am an efficiency nerd, web designer, photographer, and conceptual artist. I am super excited to combine my strategic thinking, tech and art skills through Expansive Media. I incorporate my passion for well-being and community by working with clients who make the world a better place.
I hold an MFA in Art + Design from the University of Michigan and a BFA in Studio Art from the University of Nebraska. I started my career as a UI/UX designer in New York City. Later, I moved to Berlin, Germany to pursue my art career and live a bohemian lifestyle. After three years in Berlin, I returned to the United States for graduate school. Following my MFA, I began mentoring artists at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, many of whom have gone on to run successful creative businesses.
In 2013 I transferred to a tenure track professorship at Nebraska Wesleyan University, which I left in 2018 to pursue The Unknown! That year I did my first three triathlons, founded an artist residency program, performed in Seattle and hiked the 273 mile Vermont Long Trail. The clues that appeared during the downtime after the hike led me to founding Expansive Media. In 2019 I hiked the 2,650 mile Pacific Crest Trail. I strive to help my clients align with their core values and experience immense freedom through their work as I am!