Spring Micro-Gallery Intern
Are you interested in learning more about how an exhibition is made? At The Art Center Highland Park you will gain experience in working on various exhibitions spaces that take place at our four offsite galleries in local businesses, which we call Micro-Galleries. Current Micro-Gallery locations include City Hall Highland Park, Gilbert Orthodontics, Dayhouse Coworking and Curt’s Café.
- Develop and sustain partnerships that promote artistic, educational, and social progress in the community.
- Schedule, implement, and suggest new community-based programs and other engagement initiatives.
- Create surveys and other methods for community dialogue and feedback
- Create documents and marketing materials.
- Passion for community development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software
- Experience with public programming a plus
Start date is flexible. Two-week minimum commitment. 10-15 hours per week (Saturday 12-3pm preferred).
This is an unpaid internship but we will be happy to write letters of recommendation.