Lookingglass Theatre Company, a nationally recognized ensemble theatre company located in Chicago Illinois, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Sound Supervisor. Lookingglass Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, or status as an individual with a disability. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with sound designers, Production Manager, rental houses, and other suppliers to achieve the desired sound design within the given budget
- Coordinate all rentals and purchases needed for each design
- Hire and manage over hire sound technicians as needed for install/strike of per show systems
- Organize and run per show sound tuning session
- Cleaning, repairing and maintaining sound inventory
- Creating and maintaining appropriate per show paperwork
- Install and set up of speakers and wireless mics as designed per show
- Install and set up audio and video monitors as needed per show
- Set up and maintain wired and wireless clear com system
- Run notes calls, program sound board, and attend production meetings during tech and previews.
- Coordinate with the Curiosity department to arrange for the design and execution of all related performances including Young Ensemble, and Summer Camps
- Maintain Assisted Listening Devices
- Run all previews and performances
- Extensive knowledge of sound and theatrical practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Yamaha M7CL console
- Proficiency with Qlab
- Knowledge of Shure Mic Packs
- Knowledge of MIDI for cuing lights and projections
- Knowledge of Dante systems and hardware
- Safe rigging practices
- This is a physical job requiring the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, work at height and climb stairs repeatedly.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ or more years of experience in a leadership position
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management skills
This position is full-time exempt with a salary range of $32,000-$35,000. Benefit package includes health insurance, generous vacation and paid holidays. Position is regularly required to work evenings and weekends.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com Please include SOUND SUPERVISOR in the subject line. Applications will be accepted through July 12, 2019. No phone calls please.