Sound Operator/Off-Stage Announcer for National Tour
StarQuest Dance Competition is a nationwide dance competition, touring to 70+ cities each year and delivering a truly unique experience to young performers. We are looking for motivated, positive, people-oriented leaders to join our touring Road Warrior team!
What POSITIONS are we looking for?
• Sound Operator/Announcer/DJ: This position is for passionate Sound Operators who have a vast knowledge of age-appropriate music, the ability to learn scripts timed to our customized music, and a positive vocal energy. Comfort interacting with studio owners, calmness under pressure, and consistent accuracy while multi-tasking in time sensitive situations is a MUST!
What QUALITIES do our Road Warriors possess?
• A love of providing a great experience to guests of all ages
• Impeccable logistical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication
• Mastery of time management and multitasking
• Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to load in, load out, and carry heavy equipment
• Skill in moving quickly through time and space
• Ability to work well on little to no sleep (And thrive while doing it!)
• Sense of humor
What’s in it for YOU?
This is a truly unique experience that will allow you to grow personally and professionally. You’ll work side by side with people who love what they do, and who strive to find the best way to overcome obstacles and accomplish a common goal. It is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. With this type of work and schedule, you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate your own skills and grow to your fullest potential.
We will be hiring October - December for the 2023 season through virtual interviews. These will be scheduled on an individual basis.
Mandatory Training for all Road Warriors:
• January 10th – Virtually
• January 13th-23rd – In Person in Durham, NC
**Pay provided. Transportation and lodging provided for in-person training.
• January 20th – June 5th, 2023 (Excluding April 5th-12th)
**Most weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday early morning and return home on Monday afternoon
-Positions have no union jurisdiction
-Competitive pay with seasonal and yearly increases
-Travel, food/per diem, and double occupancy lodging provided on the road
Want to embark on this journey with us?
Please go to the website below. There you will find detailed job descriptions and how to apply.