Social Media Contractor
Arts of Life, a 501C3 nonprofit, advances the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership. Founded in 2000, Arts of Life is realizing its vision of a working, person-centric, artistic community that provides a work environment of equality. Today, we represent over 60 artists at two professional art studio locations in Chicago and Glenview, IL.
The Social Media Consultant (SMC) is a contract, part-time, position responsible for handling the social media of Arts of Life (AofL). The SMC is the primary person ensuring that AofL’s social media presence increases the visibility of our artists as professionals within the broader contemporary art community. The SMC showcases the AofL model and values while also promoting our events, exhibitions, programming, and studio updates.
- Social Media: Manage the agency’s social media outlets (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase contributed and earned revenue. Create a monthly social media calendar and plan. Produce engaging text, image, and video content. Document program and event activities. Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Administrative Coordination: Facilitate online conversations with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner. Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics. Strategize ways to increase following and engagement with base and influencers.
- Content Needs: Coordinate with Arts of Life staff and interns to fulfill promotional needs with Development & Communications and Exhibition & External Events Teams. Measure the success of social media campaigns regularly and provide reports as needed for board meetings and annual reviews
From time to time, you may be assigned other job-related duties within your scope of practice.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Proven work experience as a social media coordinator
- Strong project management and communication skills to create clear project plans, clearly articulate needs, provide benchmark updates, and meet deadlines.
- Flexible schedule.
- Familiarity or interest in art, design, and the disability community is a plus.
- Experience with Canva (preferred but not required)
- Pay rate: $1040 a month for 15 hrs/week. This contract will be reviewed and renewed annually to meet the ongoing needs of both the consultant and Arts of Life.
This is a part-time, contracted, position. Generally, a weekday, daytime position with flexible hours fluctuating during events, exhibitions, or other times based on monthly priorities. Your workload may call for you to work longer days or weekend hours to complete your job duties. You will work together with your supervisor to come up with a schedule that meets your needs and the needs of the studio.
Arts of Life is proud to foster a culture of collaboration and respect. Part-time employees average around 15 hours a week, with significant flexibility and autonomy. The Social Media Consultant will be asked to regularly visit the studios, and there is room for remote work as well. We strive to function under a relatively flat hierarchy, with collective decision-making at the heart of our initiatives. Work is typically done in small teams, and Leadership is enthusiastically accessible to all employees. Work-life balance is highly encouraged, and employees are welcome to use the studio facilities after hours and on weekends. Please note that this is only a contract position.
Arts of Life is firmly committed to building a diverse team that is reflective of the communities we serve. We value your unique experiences and strongly encourage People of the Global Majority, LGBTQIA+ individuals, women, trans, and non-binary people, people with disabilities, system-impacted people, veterans, and people of all ages to apply.